Wednesday, January 2, 2013

DESIGNER OF TODAY: HAIDER ACKERMANN



I am here again! I am really sorry for to be out for a long time. My lasts tests at college, some meetings and also Xmas times… I haven’t had time to anything! I will try to post every day.  I was thinking to change the blog’s structure and I will try to do my best talking about more fashion, more fashion news and unknown subjects about fashion worlds, I think it’s a good idea and to start the New Year too.
I start this new beginning with a great man, I didn’t know anything about him and when I discovered him it was like ¡He is amazing! And he is South American too and that was perfect.
Haider Ackermann was born in Bogota, Colombia; he was adopted at the age of nine moths by a French family. He moved to Netherlands and took courses in fashion design at the Royal Academy of Fine Arts in Antwep. He formed part of the famous fashion design group “The Six of Antwep”.
He started to work as an assistant to the Belgian designer Wim Neels.
In 2001 Ackermann created his own label and presented his first women’s wear collection in March 2001 during Paris Fashion Week. in 2002 his next collection drew the attention of house Ruffo and he started to work with him. In 2005 he designed with the Belgian group BVBA 32 and set up his studio in Paris.
Ackermnna succeed Galliano at Dior, after declining the proposed succession of Martin Margiela. Some commentators called him a “new Yves Saint- Laurent”.
Ackermann’s style is full of contrast and blends dress codes. Some clothes are simple cuts and often asymmetric and sewn of different materials. Modern dynamic and urban with some touches of feminism, sophisticated and refined silhouettes.
I show you his last Ready-to-wear Spring-Summer 2013 fashion show in Paris. Check out his official page here.










Have a nice Xmas week,
Love
Simone

No comments:

Post a Comment